Contract Product Designer
Oxy (February 2018 - Present)
Hired, managed and mentored designers from a variety of disciplines across numerous design projects and sprints.
- Lead multiple, full-scale product life cycles from concept through to live delivery and iteration, including a variety of tasks such as value proposition design, user research, user personas, user stories, user flows, wireframes, user acceptance testing, visual language design, component libraries, final designs, developer documentation and redlines, etc.
- Designed and shipped consumer and business-facing products across web, mobile web and native mobile device platforms.
- Handcrafted UI libraries, style guides and design systems for a range of web and mobile products.
- Distilling complex processes, requirements and flows into simple and clear user interactions.
Linkedin (Consultant, November 2018 - December 2020)
- Worked collaboratively with cross-functional partners in identifying user pains, distilling product requirements & solutions execution in user-centered design initiatives.
- Partnered with product managers & data scientists in quantifying product growth using data and analytics to better measure business impact.
- Actively collaborated with designers, researchers, engineers, product managers and product owners throughout the design process to create holistic solutions.
- Created process and artifacts to effectively embed a design thinking methodology into the designer workflow at Linkedin.
Google (Consultant, October 2016 - January 2018)
- Collaborated cross-functionally with project management and engineering teams to co-create product requirements for Google's internal finance tools.
- Carried product designs from initial solution strategies through wireframes, user testing, final high-fidelity designs and development implementation.
- Partnered with PhD UX Researchers to validate proposed UI solutions prior to feature development via qualitative user testing.
- Hand-crafted a new brand for an internal Google finance tool responsible for the processing of $45B in annual outbound payments to Google vendors.
Sr. Mobile UX Designer
Verizon Wireless (September 2016 - October 2016)
- Owned new feature product designs on Verizon's augmented reality app, Outta.
- Created animated marketing collateral used in social media advertising that resulted in the app's first 100,000 installs and 25,000 successfully registered users.
- Standardized the design resources of the app, including the establishment of a cohesive style guide and patterns library.
Sr. UX Designer, Mobile Lead
Fanatics (January 2016 - September 2016)
- Oversaw and managed product designs across all mobile platforms, including the Fanatics native iOS & Android apps, as well as partner mobile SDKs.
- Grew and maintained a consistent average app store rating of 4.8 across several build & feature releases, comprised of thousands of app store reviews.
- Established the company's first flow-based mobile product analytics dashboard in cooperation with Mobile Product Managers and Sr. Data Team Members.
- Promoted organization-wide design thinking by establishing UX processes and creating pattern & UI libraries.
- Distilled design empowerment in fellow non-design team members by facilitating early idea brainstorming sessions prior to solidifying feature definition and scope.
- Partnered with Product Managers and Engineers to develop and refine product requirements while considering business and end-user needs.
- Contributed to the growth of the design team by recruiting, retaining, and mentoring fellow design team members.
Sr. UI Designer
MedHelp (February 2015 - November 2015)
- Collaborated directly and often with product & engineering teams to ideate, define, design, spec, build & launch product features for highly-trafficked web platforms and mobile applications.
- Lead initiatives to establish design standards with style guides across MedHelp products.
- Mentored Junior Designers in incorporating style guide standards into their design process.
- Managed formal and informal user testing sessions using InVision/HTML-based UI prototypes.
- Orchestrated frequent design reviews to solicit feedback and foster creative collaboration.
Pertino (May 2014 - February 2015)
- Synthesized concepts by leading brainstorming sessions with engineers and project managers.
- Analyzed and broke down complex requirements into flows and clear interface specifications.
- Owned product design requirements from conceptualization through final mockups.
- Integrated analytics software to measure feature impact & improve product usability.
Freelance UI/UX Designer
Collarbone (May 2009 - May 2014)
- Collaborated with engineers & project managers to asses and understand product requirements.
- Guided engineers in implementing designs with pixel-perfect mockups, specs & clickable demos.
- Supported project managers in timeline estimation, milestone creation & deliverables planning.